ARC Reviews

15/10/2017

Kilty Secrets (Clash of the Tartans #1) by Anna Markland. Historical Romance My Review.


Add To


Highlander adventure. Highlander Romance. Kilty secrets abound in this romantic comedy!

As the chief's second son, Ewan MacKinloch resents being offered up as the sacrificial lamb in a marriage arranged to end a 300-year feud with the MacCarrons.

Ewan trades places with a one-armed clansman in the hopes Shona MacCarron will refuse to go through iwth the wedding, but unbeknownst to him, Shona, too, has traded places with an aunt known as Lady Lazy-Eye so she can avoid the marraige arranged after the recent death of her father.

Confusion reigns when alchemy draws them to each other and they risk aiding the cause of factions ambitious to usurp the hereditary MacCarron chieftaincy.

Will each discover the other's KILTY SECRETS?
 

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


Ewan Mackinloch is the second son of the Laird,  and not happy about being used to seal a truce. He is to marry the daughter of their clan's mortal enemies,  a woman he has never set eyes on.  Riding into an enemy castle with only two clansmen at his side will be nerve wracking. 
Shona MacCarron's father has not long died. Now her uncle who is now the Laird says she must marry.  She comes up with a plan to make her betrothed reject her. 
This is a marvellous highland romance full of laughs and adventure.  The characters are all wonderful.  I love the fact that there is more than one man being heroic.  The other clansmen might be not be typical hero material because of how they appear at first glance but they are. 
The danger will come from an unexpected source.
The beginning of what I know will be a great series.  I loved every page.  This author never disappoints me. 


Amazon.US




I’m a Canadian author with a keen interest in genealogy. I write medieval romance about family honour, ancestry, and roots. My novels are intimate love stories full of passion and adventure.

Passion conquers whatever obstacles a hostile medieval world can throw in its path. My page-turning adventures have earned me a place on Amazon’s All-Star list.

Besides writing, I have two addictions-crosswords and genealogy, probably the reason I love research. I am a fool for cats. My husband is an entrepreneur who is fond of boasting he’s never had a job.

I live on Canada’s scenic west coast now, but I was born and raised in the UK and I love breathing life into the history of my homeland.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.