ARC Reviews

08/01/2018

Buried in Lies, by T.L. Smith. Romance Suspense, Excerpt Reveal & Pre-Order.


T.L. Smith’s BURIED IN LIES releases in a little over two weeks…but today we are sharing an excerpt with you! Check it out below and pre-order your copy today!
Title: Buried in Lies
Author: T.L. Smith
Genre: Romance Suspense
Release Date: January 23, 2018
Cover Design: RBA Photo: Regina Wamba/Mae I Design 

His lips told me he knew me. 
His hands touched like old lovers. 
His eyes held secrets of a past I’d never known.
I was lost you see. 
Lost as the flowers that grew in the meadow. 
The devil told me he knew me. 
But lies had a way of unraveling, even if we didn’t want them to. 
The devil had a trick, for his love was full of acid. Acid that burnt at every touch, every linger, and I let it burn all the way to my core. 
A devil made you sin. And my devil was the worst. 
But now that devil wanted my last kiss, and it wasn't one I was willing to give. 
He could take the acid and leave the burn behind.
I was keeping my heart, even if I died trying.
“Mouse…” I take his moment of silence, and slip myself out from his grasp while putting much-needed distance between us. “You’ll end up hating me, I’ll end up resenting you…” I shake my head and step back again. “I wouldn’t.” “You would! You had to be forced into it. It took me almost dying more than once for you to choose me. That isn’t healthy, none of this is. We aren’t good for each other. We’ll keep on burning until there’s nothing left.” Stepping back again, I’m not clear where my car is, but I know it’s not far from here. “We need to stop, Mouse. I’m ceasing the ellipses. No more pauses or question marks for me. Now it will just be full stops.” I want to smile at his editor’s metaphor. I want to ravish in it. I know better, though. “I’m full stopping it, Wolf! Before I fall deeper down a rabbit hole where I cannot escape.” “I’ll chase you, Mouse, right down that rabbit hole.” Turning, so I’m walking away, I look back only once. “I hope you catch me, I really do. But this time you may not.”
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.